For an arrest warrant search in Bear Lake County, ID you will likely be told to go to the police. When at the sheriff’s office, simply go to the division of civil services or records to find information on criminal history. This branch of the local law enforcement agency is in charge of maintaining data on the issue of active warrants, the eventual arrests of offenders and the criminal trial that ensues.
However, it is not the subset of the agency that handles the petition for arrest warrants. This is done by the division that interacts with the tribunals in the area. The court services wing of the police department collects information on criminal matters from the detectives. These details are put down on paper and the affidavit along with the petition for a Bear Lake County active warrant and/or search order is taken to the court.
The sitting magistrate has to be able to find probable cause to justify the accusation before an arrest warrant can be issued. The sanctioned detention order is handed over to the deputies once this process is completed who take it to the court services division. From here, it is handed over to the concerned officers for execution.
In the meanwhile, the office of the magistrate, the public records/civil services division and the county clerk’s office make a note of the issue of the warrant. When arrests are made under the directive, the sheriff’s department relays this information to the judicial offices. So, to look for outstanding warrants from Bear Lake County, you can get in touch with:
- The office of the sheriff: 50 North Main, PO Box 365, Paris, Idaho 83261
- The court of the magistrate: 7 W Center St, Paris, ID 83254
- The department of the county clerk: PO Box 190, Paris, Idaho 83261
Who can help you with an over-the-phone warrant search and arrests inquiry in County? (2021- Update)
- When you want an arrest report, call the Sheriff’s Office at 208-236-7123
- When you want to get a warrant search done, contact the Magistrate’s Court at (208) 945-2208 ext. 1414.
- When you need to get in touch with Victim/Witness Services, call the Victim’s Advocate-(208) 945-1438.
- When you want to know about accessing criminal court records, contact the Clerk of the District-(208) 945-2208 ext. 1412/(208) 547-2146
Crime statistics of Bear Lake County
The Bear Lake County Sheriff’s Office received 44 criminal complaints in 2017, all of which were against property crimes. Cases were filed against 24 larceny thefts, 16 burglaries, and 4 motor vehicle thefts.
Through the 8 years from 2001 onwards, only about 300 criminal incidents were reported in Bear Lake County, Idaho. This points to an annual average of just about 40 crimes. Yet, residents seem to be concerned, given the rise of almost 80% in the criminal activity of the area.